Monday 29 August 2011

Film 4 Fright Fest Film - 1

On Saturday 27th August 2011 I was reading the Film 4's fright fest blog and I thought I would love to have a film in the festival in the next three years.

So, just before Dr Who started, I posted on Twitter that I want a film in the festival in the next three years and does anybody want to help?

The response I got was incredible. I expected some of my mates to say "Yeah ok lets do it" and I expected a sarcastic comment from my mate who I call Captain Awesome, Which I did receive, but to my surprise the wonderful people at Film 4 re-tweeted it to their 37,000 followers and then more people re-tweeted it.

Soon my inbox was going mad with people saying they would like to help. So I decided to ask everybody to inbox me with how they can help but only inbox me if they are genuinely interested in helping, again I was surprised with how many people got in touch.

Actors, Actress, Camera men, sound designers and script writers were among many people who got in touch.

I told two of my mates that I use on every film about the idea and they were more then interested and that night we decided we would write film and edit a film and enter into the Film 4's Fright Fest within the next three years.

The next day I went to Stephen Longbottom's house (Twitter @SALmations) to discuss ideas and we came up with some very very basic ideas and a few locations we would like to explore with the possibility of filming in them.

If anybody is interested in helping with the Fright Fest film contact me via Twitter ( @james_voller) or email me at vollerjames@yahoo.co.uk

Oh and because I was so busy reading people's responses and talking to people, I missed Dr Who... its a good job I taped it.


No comments:

Post a Comment